- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
The silly logic that congress has about climate change
You may have already seen the full segment on The Daily Show (you should if you haven’t) where John Stewart critiques a recent hearing held by the House of Representatives Committee on Science, Space and Technology. It echoes a commencement speech that President Obama gave last spring at UC Irvine:
Today’s Congress is full of folks who stubbornly and automatically reject the scientific evidence about climate change. They will tell you it is a hoax, or a fad. One member of Congress actually says the world is cooling. There was one member of Congress who mentioned a theory involving “dinosaur flatulence”—which I won’t get into.
As for the ice in the glass concept, mounting evidence finds large swaths of land ice melting into the ocean. A recent study that incorporates 40 years of observations from a joint effort with NASA and UC Irvine has found that the West Antarctic glacier will contribute to a 4 foot rise in sea level.
Banned Books by the Numbers: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/22/banned-books-week-infographic_n_5852234.html